As excited as I am about finally, finally moving to Paris, I am acutely aware that I will miss lots and lots of things about my hometown/homeland. As my remaining days tick down, here are some things I want to do as often as possible before I leave, because I suspect I will be missing them monstrously.
1. Eat Tex-Mex. Often. Like, once a day. Washed down with a frozen with salt, of course.
2. Take Sawyer to dog parks where he can run free like the wind.
3. Walk into stores and understand what is being said to me/around me/ about me. Then speak back to those people and have the right words come out in the right order. Such a luxury!
4. Do all my errands in my sweaty workout clothes, with no make-up, hair in a pony. When I think of how much time I will be wasting making myself presentable before I hit the streets, it makes me cringe. What is with those people??
5. Be handed drinks with lots of ice.
6. Have a mani-pedi every other day.
7. Go to Target and buy lots of crap I don’t need.
8. Drive my car on the open road until I get bored.
9. Pop into Blue Willow Bookshop and talk books with my homies.
10. Wrap my arms around my older daughter and cover her with kisses.
11. Go to the Big HEB and buy everything I need for a week’s worth of meals, PLUS a bag of steaming hot tortillas. Then rip into said bag of steaming hot tortillas on way home, because they are that freakin’ good and nobody can see me in the privacy of my own car.
12. Do all of the above in flip-flops. Because Paris doesn’t like flip-flops. Paris looks at you like you’re out in your underwear if you wear flip-flops. Have I mentioned how much I love flip-flops?
13. Order cocktails that taste like I expect them to AND cost less than $20 apiece. Yep- you heard me. It’s enough to drive a girl to not drink.
14. Go outside and sweat and then come inside and NOT sweat.
15. Watch Food Network.
I’m sure I will think of another fifteen things before I go to sleep tonight. What would you miss if you were moving to Paris in a month? Inquiring bloggers want to know.